Hi and thank you for visiting my new website. As a highly experienced professional freelance photographer, I’ve done everything from stylish weddings, lifestyle family shoots, top brand magazine commissions and elegant equestrian photography. I’m here to help our clients whether they be individuals, publications, web sites, companies or agencies. I hope that you can see that I am lucky enough to really love what I do. I have a stylish and contemporary approach to photography capturing the spirit and character of those I photograph. With my natural ability to put clients at ease in front of the lens, and taking the time to get to know you a little, your photographic experience is a relaxed and informal one resulting in beautiful, natural images for you to enjoy now and for many years to come.
I live in Cornwall with my wife and our two young children, two ginger Toms and our crazy Springer. I kicked off my photographic career after realising that my childhood dream of becoming a steeplechase jockey was never going to happen. At 6′ 4″, it dawned on me that I really should think of doing something more sensible . So I turned my hand to photographing the horses instead, and found I had a creative eye and quite a talent in producing striking images. With my photograph of Desert Orchid on the front cover of The Daily Telegraph, I later became a retained photographer for Horse and Hound Magazine and took on regular commissions for many other top magazines including The Field and Country Life, to which I still regularly contribute. I was then asked to photograph a friend’s wedding, and from then on there was no looking back. Whether it’s photographing weddings, magazine shoots, family portraits or horses, with an affinity for connecting with people and animals I feel very happy and fortunate doing what I do.
Here are top 5 reasons to choose me for family and kids photography.
1. Because of my style – it’s playful, honest, beautiful. It takes years to learn how to take pictures this spontaneous. If you don’t like my style don’t use me but if you do, do! Your kids are young only once. Invest in the best.
2. Kids love me and I love kids. Whether your kids sit still or jump around I know how to make them feel at ease. Understanding and caring for kids is my greatest asset. The best photos capture your child as they truly are.
3. I have years of experience. I’ve had work in many top magazines. I’ve worked with kids for years and I have two small girls of my own – so I know how to take pictures that you’ll cherish for life.
4. I make your life easy. Whether you want a shoot in the house, garden or local park, I’ll make it fun. No strained set-ups. And if it’s bad weather we can rearrange. And if you want bespoke frames to fit your home I can do that too.
5. Because I’m not too cheap! My prices reflect my experience, the finest products and the time taken. I don’t skimp on effort or quality. Having said that I’m still very affordable – email me here for a complete price list.
I work mostly in the South West, but won’t turn down an opportunity to see a bit more of our lovely country or even go abroad!
My clients include: The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Daily Mail, I.L.P.H, B.F.S.S, Discovery Network, The Jockey Club, The Royal Acadamy, The Cornish Guardian, Cornwall Today, Trevose Golf Club, Golf World, Golf International, Golf Monthly, Fowey Hall Hotel, Gulf Horse, Arcturus Publishing, The Sun, The Guardian, The Field, Country Life, Horse and Hound, Horse & Rider, Racing Post, Ford Motors, Random House Books, CountryWeek, Pet Plan, Shelter, OK!, Generali, The Bookseller, Woman’s Realm, Dressage Magazine, Horse Magazine, Eventing, Christies, Knight Frank, Flora, The British Horse Society, Time Life, Western Morning News etc …… and not forgetting all the happy couples and lovely families I’ve met.